[glob2-devel] Flame thread (insults, code rewrite and other trolls!)

From: Nuage
Subject: [glob2-devel] Flame thread (insults, code rewrite and other trolls!)
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 01:16:20 +0200

Hello, please don't read this e-mail, you'll just loose your time, unless you
want to join the flame party.

Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> You guys suffer from Not Invented Here syndrome:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Invented_Here

1) Please don't insult us. (IRMBTSDMITWIW syndrome for you, nah. "I Repeat
Myself Because They Still Don't Make It The Way I Want")

2) You're saying the same things many times. Most of the time, your emails are
long and redundant, with the same key idea all the time, and then don't really
helps to solve the problem, which is the goal of the mailing list. (I am about
to stop reading your emails because of this.) Maybe you just need to know that
reading english takes us longer than you.

3) We are trying take the best decision given what we thing, which can be
different of what you think. You have to accept it. (This is not a reason to
"flood" the mailing list with your long emails.)

Now, about code rewriting:

- I sometimes rewrite code because I can write it faster than understand the
code of someone else.

- I sometimes rewrite code because I can tune it for my own needs.

- I sometimes rewrite code because I don't need all the features.

- I sometimes rewrite code because I'm lazy to read the documentation.

- I sometimes rewrite code because the other code is buged.

- I sometimes rewrite code because it's some funny code to write.

- As much as I don't re-use the code of someone else, I don't re-use my own
code, because I want to make it clearer, change the internal structure, tune it
another way, or anything.

- I do know why it's not good to rewrite code, any I know why I still do it.