Re: [glob2-devel] Backup script

From: MOA3333
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Backup script
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:28:49 +0100

Stephane Magnenat wrote:

Hello,

I've created a /home/glob2/bin/mkbackup.sh that creates backups from the content of the wiki (only the content, not the source neither the config/CSS) and put them there:
http://epfl.ysagoon.com/~glob2/backup/

I've also edited the page:
http://epfl.ysagoon.com/wiki/index.php?n=Main.BackUpSolution

There was two backups from moa in /home/glob2. I've moved them to the newly created backup directory. I think that backups should be made automatically and exposed in the backup directory, and what should be kept tracked is who stored those backups elsewhere.

We shoudl also do a backup of the database from the forum but I have to set the right permissions.

Steph

What is more important is to use this wiki, realy, a wiki is something very powerful for big projects.

Globulation2 realy neads (besides the 1.0 release) a critical number of active users. I hope we will be able to keep the wiki (this very powerful tool) up to date and use it...

People on the IRC told me that they only nead a page from where to download the releases and the mailing list...

I understand that, as we are not a lot of people for this project for now, but at the same time i designed the wiki thinking on the base structure rather than the details. I think it is better to design it clean from the begining than to redisign everythink when it will become too complicated.