Re: [glob2-devel] Gradient concept

From: MOA3333
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Gradient concept
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:53:56 +0100

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 12.53, Gabriel Walt wrote:
Anyone motivated to collect piece of valuable information from ml archive
and compile them in a doc in CVS?
the docs shouldnt be placed in the cvs, but in the wiki i think. of course
you can always copy-paste some useful info there, but the wiki is where
editing should take place.

I disagree. The doc related to code should be in the CVS because their meaning is tight to the code itself. The php should link the code doc in CVS through savannah viewcvs. For all other docs, I agree, they should be in the Wiki.

I think also we should consider wiki for the code.
In the cvs, the best is to have contextual comments with //

in the docs/ directory there can be some simple explanations with no details so that we can just link to then, and comment opon them on the wiki.

Where it becomes complicated is if we put more details in the cvs, because details change in time, and we nead to be able to modify them easily.

I've already created a section that i named the code bazaar on the community platform where i created (for now) two pages, one for copy-paste informatons, and other for links to the cvs...

I think the best is to let them both and to see if we can make somethink better on the wiki with links to cvs, maybe we will have new ideas in time.