Re: [glob2-devel] Seting building costs

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Seting building costs
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 22:32:35 +0200

It is not possible to change the cost of one single building because each building is described by a building type (like inn0c) that contains all the costs. Thoses costs are described in the data/building.txt file. You need to have exactly the same fil on all computer while playing in network or it will desyncronise.

Well, it *could* be done that these infos can be overrided by the map settings or by the server's local txt file settings... The questions are: - Are the added gameplay possibilities worth the work [because this feature is probably not so fast to implement and our two coders still have few time]. - Do we really want to do that? I mean that if that is done, there will be a much lower interest in improving the default configuration file if we say "bah map designers can change it afterwards if it's not perfect".

But in spite of that, it would still be a very good feature to have a way to change these settings, especially for less standard gameplay modes. Couldn't the script do that?? Just an idea...

By the way, if there are rules you would like to tweak, change them in your config file and test them. Then you can suggest your modifications to be merged into the official config file.

Gabriel