geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Overriding the M-[backquote] key binding

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Overriding the M-[backquote] key binding
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 20:59:13 +0100

On Wed, Jan 12 2011, Mark Harig wrote:

>> Although i use Emacs almost exclusively on a terminal, i hadn't
> noticed
>> this conflict (because, as you might guess, i don't use tmm-menubar).
>> I wanted to provide an alternative to C-. because that key combo is
> not
>> recognized in some terminals (notably, the one i use, urxvt), and M-`
> is
>> nicely close to M-TAB in US keyboards. I kind of like it, but i guess
>> should be nice and leave the standard binding alone. Any suggestions
> for
>> an alternative?
>>

> Some possible candidates:
>
>   C-c ` (backquote)
>   C-c TAB
>   M-S-TAB (M-BACKTAB)
>   C-TAB

These are good candidates (i would probably favour C-c TAB), but now
that i've thought of it, i think the right key binding is C-u TAB,
because geiser-completion--complete-module is a special case of
completion-at-point (the latter completes on identifiers and module
names, and both do completion).

What do you think?

Thanks,
jao
--
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one
works.