gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Compiling on different platforms

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Compiling on different platforms
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 12:55:11 +0100

Hi Stefan,

Am Sun, 28 Nov 2021 07:00:31 +0100 schrieb Stefan Czinczoll:

> [...]
>
> This leads to an issue with the github version (master branch).
>
> autogen.sh leads to the followin error:
>
> /autogen.sh
> *** WARNING: I am going to run 'configure' with no arguments.
> *** If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
> *** './autogen.sh' command line.
>
> autoreconf: export WARNINGS=
> autoreconf: Entering directory '.'
> autoreconf: running: autopoint --force
> autoreconf: running: aclocal --force --install -I m4
> autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Intltool
> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gtkdoc
> [...]
> $ uname -a
> Linux homie 5.15.2-2-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Nov 13 19:25:38 UTC 2021
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> The above error seems to be related to libtool, which is installed:
>
> $ which libtool
> /usr/bin/libtool
>

> What is the difference here to Ubuntu?

Hm, I can only speculate at this point but it seems as if autoreconf
does not know where to find libtool on your system. Maybe you have to
run libtoolize in the path where you are?

See https://stackoverflow.com/a/18980043

Also, maybe this could be of interest:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-autoconf/2010-03/msg00014.html

Hope that helps somehow.