gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Compiling on different platforms

From: Stefan Czinczoll
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Compiling on different platforms
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 16:23:50 +0100

Hi Uwe,

om 28.11.21 at 12:55 you wrote:

[...]
Hm, I can only speculate at this point but it seems as if autoreconf
does not know where to find libtool on your system. Maybe you have to
run libtoolize in the path where you are?

See https://stackoverflow.com/a/18980043

I took your advice and ran libtool inside the top working directory. After that, ./autogen.sh and/or ./configure seemed to work all right.
Compiling went through and I could "make install".

However, the binary won't run:

$ gnome-commander
gnome-commander: error while loading shared libraries: libgcmd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried using ldconfig, but it doesn't improve the situation. Maybe you have another idea please?

Also, maybe this could be of interest:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-autoconf/2010-03/msg00014.html

I have libtool installed system-wide, so this doesn'n seeem to be an issue.

Kind regards

Stefan

--
stefan.czinczoll[at]arcor.de