gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] gcmd-BACKWARD+FORWARD-mouse-buttons

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] gcmd-BACKWARD+FORWARD-mouse-buttons
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 02:45:17 +0200

btw it looks like many people call the buttons in question 'thumb buttons'. So
it would be 'thumb-button back' and 'thumb-button forward' in this case.

> There is no problem with switching this behaviour into pure back and
> forward - just I thought you were interested in 'cd ..' action when
> having configured midclick to 'new tab'

Did i really propose that myself ? Anyway, i'd say today that real backward /
forward would be more useful, for the same reason - because there is the middle
click. But, YMMV.

/usr/include/linux/input.h have BTN_THUMB (x 121) and THUMB2 (x 122) is that it
? But i still can't track them somehow...gnome control center tools doesn't
show those mouse buttons, and xev does not show any keycodes (if there are any
at all for mouse?), only that backward button is button 8 and forward button is
button 9.

btw. xmodmap -pp dunps this (if that is of any help):

There are 13 pointer buttons defined.

    Physical        Button
     Button          Code
        1              1