gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] advanced renaming

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] advanced renaming
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 20:28:23 +0100

> First select only those you need. If I grok you properly you want to rename
> files numbering
> with counter restarting from 1 for each object, right? If so, there is no
> other solution
> than repeating the following steps for each object (Andromeda-NGC224=M31,
> CanisMajor-NGC2207, Circinus, ...)

I hoped there could be a generic one....

> Than in advrename:
>
> Template: '$n###$c(2).$e'
>
> Regex replacing:
>       * Replace this:      '-[0-9]+###'
>       * With this:            '-'

Nice trick, inserting a marker '###'

The problem is, the order of numbering is important too.
I just need to preserver the original number, and insert a '0'...
ok let's see....

...yepp.

I found this template, which - thanks to your new range feature :)
spares the step of replacing: '$n(:-1)0$n(-1).$e'

I am able to select the files altogether with '\-[0-9]\.\(jpg\|tif\)$'

I learned of this difficulties...i'm going to insert a marker '#'
before my personal numbering :) with the advrename
template '$n(:-1)#$n(-1).$e'

It should work for the other folders similarly.