gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] symbolic links

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] symbolic links
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 19:04:47 +0100

Piotr Eljasiak <address@hidden>:

> > Copying and Shift-Moving works like expected.
>
> Do you mean CTRL+SHIFT+F5? This should work both for single and multiple
> selection...

No it doesn't. Only the highlighted one, not the selected ones.
No matter if invokde by keyboard or top menu.

> Could you describe in details what situation it is not working?

Select a single file (for the sake of simplicity)
darg into the oppisuite pane, but before releasing the mouse,
press Strg+Shift. The drop.

That  would create a symlink in nautilus, as indicated by the mouse
pointer symbol.

Another modifier is Alt, before dropping, turning the mouse into a "?"
That would, after releasing the mousebutton, pop up a small widet
which asks you what to do. KDE even has this as default action, which
is not bad after all, since you can easily screw up things with wrong
actions on large selections.

In the given examples, instead of doing the expected thing,
gnome-commander does nothing. Debug mesg is
"WARNING: Unknown context->action in drag_data_received"

The drag&drop actions normally would work on multiple selections too.

hth

> > Context:
> > This is gcmd 1.3.2, last change 06-10-30, systemwide installed

...with make install. I did not 'make uninstall' the old version before
could that create any problem ?