g-wrap-dev

Re: Dead code in guile-runtime.c

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Dead code in guile-runtime.c
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:07:38 +0100

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Andreas Rottmann wrote:

> Hi!

Hey hey hey,

I just wanted to get out a quick reply -- I haven't looked at the state
of g-wrap lately, because I've been working on some stuff for guile-lib
(see http://ambient.2y.net/wingo/software/guile-lib/)

But, I did want to mention what these are used for:

> -static SCM latent_variables_hash_hash = SCM_BOOL_F;
> -

A hash keyed by module, with the value being another hash.

The value hash is keyed by symbol name, and the value of that is a list
(proc . args) that, when evaluated (with scm_apply0), should yield the
true binding of the variable.

> -static SCM
> -gw_user_module_binder_proc (SCM module, SCM sym, SCM definep)

This creates a module binder proc. This is the core of the latent
variable system.

> -void
> -gw_guile_make_latent_variable (SCM sym, SCM proc, SCM arg)

This makes the entry in the values hash hash.

Clear?

Wingo.