Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free Flash-equivalents

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free Flash-equivalents
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:19:59 +0100

Jon Grant wrote:
Dave Crossland wrote:

On 10/10/06, Matt Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

In my day, we'd write our SWF files in hex editors, upload them via
Gopher to Compuserve over UUCP and then relax with a nice glass of
gin.

What what, Compuserve? X.25 networks were where it was at, kids.

lol ;p

Before my time... I first got online on my Archimedes A440 via Argonet
in 1996. Before even my school was online -- they got AOL after a while,
lol.

Hey, I had to generate RS232 by hand shaking a thin strand of copper wire against a car battery.

300/75 baud modems were invented after I accidentally managed to modulate my signal one shivery cold winter.

I remember once when the canvas straps with which I carried the battery snapped, dropping it to the floor and cutting off my connection - hence the once ubiquitous error message: no carrier

And the only "flash" I got back then were electrical burns and sparks.

Ahh... those were the days.

Sam