[Fsfe-uk] Re: Brian White's parliamentary questions

From: John Seago
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Brian White's parliamentary questions
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:52:54 +0000

On Wednesday 31 Dec 1969 23:59, Graham Seaman <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Does anyone know what connections Brian White has with free software? He
> seems to be very persistent, this isn't his first set of questions. I'm
> wondering how he could be backed up; can the AFFS  'sponsor an MP' ? :-)

From previous experience in another sphere of activity, I seem to recall
that almost any MP can be 'sponsored', by almost any interest group, to
varying degrees, from providing them with background information and
research on subjects in which they have an interest, to providing funding
for their own researchers.

The approach would have to come from the Association, perhaps offering to
meet to discuss what form the 'sponsorship' would take, or a
straightforward offer of background research when he/she needs it. Try it
and see, at the very least it may serve to increase awareness of the
AFFS's existence!  (Should that be AFFS's or AFFS'?)

--
John Seago
Linux User #219566 (http://counter.li.org)