[Fsfe-uk] Olympia Linux Expo 2002 --- Oct 9 & 10

From: Philip Hands
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Olympia Linux Expo 2002 --- Oct 9 & 10
Date: 21 Feb 2002 10:48:28 +0000

Hi Folks,

James Drake-Brockman (who takes over running the Expo from Jonathan
Heastie this year) contacted me recently to get the ball rolling
re. the .ORG setup this year.

I imagine the usual suspects will be involved as last year, with the
addition of AFFS and perhaps FSFe.

In addition to having a .ORG stand similar to what was done last year,
they are planning to have 3 lecture theatre areas, one of which will
be reserved for non-profit/technical/community stuff (i.e. no plugging
commercial products)

That will be about 10 half hour slots on each of the two days.

So, what are we going with this opportunity?  If you know people that
might be keen to do something, feel free to pass this on, so we can
maximise the number of suggestions we get early enough to take full
advantage.

I'd guess that we could look at doing things like BOF sessions as well
as straight lectures.  As well as purely technical lectures, it seems
that it would also be a good opportunity to raise awareness of
developments like the EUCD and recent European Patent Office
shenanigans.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/