Re: Different glyph outputs for Windows and Linux

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Different glyph outputs for Windows and Linux
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 05:37:39 +0000 (UTC)

> The project in which I am working is using FreeType for generating
> glyphs.  We are cross-platform focusing on both Windows and Linux
> OSes. We found out that using our product on different os generates
> visually different outputs.  We have the same FreeType version on
> both Windows and Linux.

Oh, oh, this shouldn't happen.

> My question is whether it's correct behavior or we are using the
> somehow incorrect configuration of FreeType?

Please compile FreeType with activated debugging and tracing and
compare the output with the environment variable

  FT2_DEBUG=any:7

set.  Maybe this gives first hints.  Otherwise I suggest that you
extract a tiny program for the command line that exhibits the problem,
and which we could compile for further testing.