Different glyph outputs for Windows and Linux

From: Hubert Liberacki
Subject: Different glyph outputs for Windows and Linux
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 08:00:44 +0000

Hello,

The project in which I am working is using FreeType for generating glyphs. We
are cross-platform focusing on both Windows and Linux OSes. We found out that
using our product on different os generates visually different outputs. We have
the same FreeType version on both Windows and Linux.

My question is whether it's correct behavior or we are using the somehow
incorrect configuration of FreeType? If this is correct behavior, then is this
even possible to unify the output across all-platform using FreeType?

Kind regards,
Hubert Liberacki