Re: [ft] Windows font driver Parser

From: Ammar ul hassan
Subject: Re: [ft] Windows font driver Parser
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 12:49:19 +0900

I found this internal Freetype document

http://www.fifi.org/doc/libfreetype6/freetype2/

It looks helpful but still no clue of how to understand the code flow and
how can we write our own driver module. I started windows font driver as
told that its the simplest but unable to figure it out that how it works.
some questions regarding that are below

1) On base layer i.e. in src/base directory there are different high level,
low level api's, font specific features with individual driver module
API's. So when are these Driver module API's called like in case of windows
font driver when this ftwinfnt.c is invoked.

2) Are driver modules only called by ftobjs.c where it checks which driver
to choose and than the driver who successfully parses the font file is
selected?