Re: [ft] Windows font driver Parser

From: Ammar ul hassan
Subject: Re: [ft] Windows font driver Parser
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 14:48:01 +0900

Currently the research aim is to create a driver module for METAFONT. After
this driver module the main target is to create a new font language that
will overcome the deficiencies of METAFONT i.e METAFONT converted to a new
programmable font language that will be much faster than it, covering all
its deficiencies. As the advantage of METAFONT of generating multiple
styles with just changing the parameters of functions can be very helpful.

P.S. A FreeType plug in module is also under consideration that will mainly
focus on adding the external functionalities inside Freetype. Its concept
is like a bridge that with configure, manage, and connect the external
functionalities to the inner core of Freetype. Functionalities can be
driver modules or helping modules. This module can help in adding other
driver modules which are currently not supported in Freetype.

So, for this purpose i need to understand the complete flow of Freetype
source :)