Re: [ft] Font kerning issue

From: Matthew Allen
Subject: Re: [ft] Font kerning issue
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 07:51:51 +1000

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32428882/why-does-freetype-render-characters-too-close-together
>

> I probably missed it, but could it be that you don't use "bitmap_left"
> and "bitmap_top" in the code?

I didn't know about those at all, after reading up about it I've added this
snippit:

        if (Fnt->glyph->format == FT_GLYPH_FORMAT_BITMAP)
        {
                Px += Fnt->glyph->bitmap_left;
                Py = (AscentF >> FShift) - Fnt->glyph->bitmap_top;
        }

Just before I copy the bitmap into my image. And now the '1' in 2015 has moved
over 1px and looks correct.

Thank you.
--
Matthew Allen