Re: [ft] Font rendering quality

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Font rendering quality
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:07:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Tudor!

> We are using FreeType 2.4.10 to render text in a project and we have
> a blurry output with the attached font.  Font size is 16, but the
> problem is present with any other font size.

In such cases you should always look into the `gasp' table which tells
you how to render the font: For ppem sizes 9-27, the font should be
rendered in B/W mode.

With the current FreeType version, and with subpixel hinting enabled,
you will get a much better result for AA rendering, BTW.

    Werner

PS: Ich wohne auch in Linz :-)