[ft] Minimal TTF FreeType2

From: Patrick Baggett
Subject: [ft] Minimal TTF FreeType2
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:37:29 -0500

I read in the documentation that FreeType2 uses a module system to allow smaller version of the library where code size is important (e.g. embedded systems).

I'd like to compile a version that has support for TTF only files, bbox/cbox computation, autohinting, and that's about it. Notably removed includes all other font types (OpenType, XWindows, Win32 FON, etc.) and the glyph cache (caching glyphs and useful properties manually). I'm currently using the outlines and converting directly to polygons to be rasterized by OpenGL (looks similar to unhinted fonts), but later will use the glyph bitmaps due to their higher quality. What modules are needed/unneeded for this? How might I achieve this?

Patrick Baggett