Re: [ft] Is there a way to generate character font on-the-fly according

From: dennis dang
Subject: Re: [ft] Is there a way to generate character font on-the-fly according to the encode?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:13:53 +0800

Hi Werner,

Thank you very much for the information. The CDL model might be what I need.

Now I have a prototype which takes special description (using existing CJK characters) and produces the composed character as an image, and the new character is sure not encoded. However I have no idea what to do next, to display/edit as usual ways the un-encoded character.

Thanks & Regards,
dennis

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there a way to generate character font on-the-fly according to
> the encode?

Not with FreeType (our library is primarily meant to rasterize
existing outlines).  However, have a look at those two links:

 http://www.wenlin.com/cdl/
 http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb24-1/yiu.pdf

There's certainly more in the web.