Re: [ft] Question about FT_Outline

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Question about FT_Outline
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 06:15:04 +0100 (CET)

> According the the manual, there is an implicit FT_CURVE_TAG_ON
> between the two FT_CURVE_TAG_CONIC's by a simple average and the
> outline code looks decent so far, but without an ending
> FT_CURVE_TAG_ON, I'm not sure what to do with the last
> FT_CURVE_TAG_CONIC in the outline. How should I handle this?

There are three possibilities around the start of the contour how
conic points can be located.  Let's assume that we have P points in an
outline.  Uninteresting points are marked with `x' (these points could
be conic also).

. Point 0 and point 1 are conic.

      P-1   P    0    1
   ----x----x----o----o----

. Point P and point 0 are conic.

      P-1   P    0    1

. Point P-1 and point P are conic.

      P-1   P    0    1

In all cases, there is an implicit on point between the two conic
points.  Note that the sequence `on - conic -on' is invalid.

If you use FT_Outline_Decompose, FreeType handles this automatically
for you.

Does this answer your question?