[ft] Question about FT_Outline

From: Patrick Baggett
Subject: [ft] Question about FT_Outline
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:56:59 -0600

I've been dealing with a TTF file and trying to draw an outline of a glyph using OpenGL. I'm having a problem with the contours not connecting to themselves (i.e. an "open" shape). I've attached a screenshot of what I am getting. In it, the colored parts are the ends of the contours.

I noticed that the list of points in the outline had something that ended with FT_CURVE_TAG_CONIC followed by another FT_CURVE_TAG_CONIC, no FT_CURVE_TAG_ON to end the sequence.

According the the manual, there is an implicit FT_CURVE_TAG_ON between the two FT_CURVE_TAG_CONIC's by a simple average and the outline code looks decent so far, but without an ending FT_CURVE_TAG_ON, I'm not sure what to do with the last FT_CURVE_TAG_CONIC in the outline. How should I handle this?

Any help or pointers about this issue is appreciated!

Patrick Baggett