Re: [ft] TrueType table trickery to match Windows MM_TEXT render size (=

From: David LAMPARTER
Subject: Re: [ft] TrueType table trickery to match Windows MM_TEXT render size (= match pixel baseline distance
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:54:52 +0100

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 12:27:59PM +0000, Huw Davies wrote:
> It's more complicated than that.  Windows uses the VDMX table for
> instance, so you end up with a non-linear lfHeight -> ppem size
> mapping.  For all the details, grab the source of Wine
> (http://www.winehq.org) and look in dlls/gdi32/freetype.c

Urgh. I kind of expected something like this; for now I'm waiting
for tester feedback about whether there are fonts where my hack
fails. Unless I really need to, I'll try to avoid cloning this
level of complexity...

Either way, Thank you very much for the pointer,

David

P.S.: what I totally forgot to mention is that I'm trashing the
height FreeType gives me and using the specified font size instead.
(Since, well, the height doesn't match up after that hack...)