[ft] converting font units to pixels problem solved

From: Philip Deets
Subject: [ft] converting font units to pixels problem solved
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:28:38 -0400

I found out I could do it like this:

(face->bbox.yMax - face->bbox.yMin) * face->size->metrics.y_ppem / face->units_per_EM

Sorry to disturb the mailing list with a question I had not fully looked into.

My question now is, How come some fonts seem to disobey the bounding box and go outside of it. '{', '}', '[', ']' especially seem to go off the bottom of it quite a bit.

For example, in agency FB, these characters go off the bottom: "gjpqy_|"

Thanks,
Phil