Re: [ft] converting font units to pixels problem solved

From: Philip Deets
Subject: Re: [ft] converting font units to pixels problem solved
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:15:07 -0400

> My question now is, How come some fonts seem to disobey the bounding box > and go outside of it. '{', '}', '[', ']' especially seem to go off the > bottom of it quite a bit.
Example code, please (which compiles standalone on non-Windows
platforms too), probably with a font which is very common, say,
verdana or tahoma.
   Werner

In making the sample code to demonstrate this, I found out it was my code which had the problem. The fonts behave well in the small sample. I haven't found the problem in my code yet, but I
don't think it is in freetype.

Sorry about that,
Phil