Re: [ft] FreeType compilation under Borland C++ Builder 5

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] FreeType compilation under Borland C++ Builder 5
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:44:16 +0200 (CEST)

>   i have a problem with compilation FreeType for Borland C++ Builder
>   platform (version 5).  [...]
>
>  after few second i get below message
>
> .\objs\apinames.exe -oobjs/freetype.def -dfreetype.dll -wB
> ./include/freetype/fr
> eetype.h [...]
> process_begin: CreateProcess(C:\freetype-2.2.1\objs\apinames.exe,
> .\objs\apiname
> s.exe -oobjs/freetype.def -dfreetype.dll -wB ./include/freetype/freetype.h
> [...]
> , ...) failed.
> make (e=87): Parametr jest niepoprawny.
> C:\MinGWStudio\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.EXE: *** [objs/freetype.def] Error 87
>
> I don't know why (it looks like 'there is no free system
> resources..) , but i obtain error CreateProcess(... ble, ble ble...)
> failed make(e=87): Invalid parameter.

Apparently noone has tried yet to build FreeType with this compiler.
Two pontential problems pop into my mind:

  . The command line is too long for apinames.exe.

  . apinames.exe doesn't like forward slashes in font paths.

Can you check that?  It might also be a problem with the mingw port of
`make'.  In that case you might try the version from Cygwin.

> After few minutes i find out that it is apinames tool problem (but
> still i don't know why), so i've used tool located in
> C:\freetype-2.2.1 main directory (this file (apinames.exe) was
> copied into ./obj directory).

I don't understand this sentence.  What have you done?  Please
rephrase.