[ft] cache manager

From: Kristján V . Jónsson
Subject: [ft] cache manager
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 14:16:52 -0000

Hello there.
I am new to this list although I have been using freetype for a while now.
So, please excuse me if this has been covered before.

I use the cache manager interface to freetype for convenience.  However,
there are two things there which I find sorely missing:

1) I need CM to tell me when a node goes out of cache.
2) I need to be able to hook into the glyph rendering process so that I can
provide gransformations for the glyph before caching.  This is to allow me to
embolden and slant the glyph, for example.

Is there a way to do this?  Or is it simple to enhance freetype to support this?

Cheers,

Kristjan