FW: [ft] cache manager

From: Kristján V . Jónsson
Subject: FW: [ft] cache manager
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:35:53 -0000

Hi there.
I am reposting this to the list since I got not a single response.  Maybe
something went wrong.  These are issues of some importance.
1) is important in our application since the node ID is actually a strong
reference to an application object that needs to be released when the CM
doesn't know about it any more.
2) is perhaps more important.  The CM is only truly useful if one can hook into
its loading and transformation stage to provide custom slanting and embolding
and perhaps other effects.  Somewhere in the archives someone mentioned
subclassing in this context.  Any more infor on that?