Re: [ft] Render 16x16 font, ASCII is gray, but CJK is Mono

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft] Render 16x16 font, ASCII is gray, but CJK is Mono
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:48:50 +0200

Hello Charles,

have you tried using the FT_LOAD_NO_BITMAP flag to prevent

Hope this helps,

- David Turner

Charles Wang a écrit :
Hi,

    Using FT Lib which version is 2.2.1.

************* Code start **************** error = FT_New_Face(library, "SimHei.ttf", 0, &face);
    error = FT_Select_Charmap(face, FT_ENCODING_UNICODE);
error = FT_Set_Char_Size(face, 16 << 6, 16 << 6, 96, 96); error = FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes(face, 16, 16);
    error = FT_Load_Char(face, uwCode, FT_LOAD_RENDER);
The render is OK, I can draw the font correctly, BUT,
If I render a ASCII (uwCode = 'A' ) , face->glyph->bitmap.pixel_mode = 2
If I render a CJK char (a Chinese charactor, unicode), face->glyph-> bitmap.pixel_mode = 1

If I set the font size to 22x22, or bigger, then display CJK charactor, face->glyph->bitmap.pixel_mode = 2

Request:
I just want to render CJK charactor (unicode) which pixel mode is GRAY.
But now if I render small size font (less than 22x22), the pixel mode is always MONO

Thanks and Regards
Charles