RE: Re: [ft] Font Style

From: Paresh Deshmukh
Subject: RE: Re: [ft] Font Style
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:04:35 UT

Thank you Werner for the help.
With 2.1.7 this function is still with experimental state, is it stable enough
to use?

For path problem I write a sample program and its working fine with relative
path so I again checking with my code whats going wrong.

Problems never end if there is someone to solve the same.

I am using MsMincho which support vertical layout and I am also cross checking
it with FT_HAS_VERTICAL( face ). Getting some result different from expected.

bbox value Min(5,2) Max(97,143) for char T size 50. Resolution 300. Angle is
zero.

I expect base line will bisect the char it we transform char wrt origin. But it
gives value which is very far from expectation.

Procedure I follow
Init lib,
Get new face,
Set size
…
…
load glyph: FT_Load_Glyph(face, glyph_index, FT_LOAD_VERTICAL_LAYOUT)
getglyph        : if(FT_Get_Glyph( face->glyph, glyphs))
transform glyph FT_Glyph_Transform( glyphs, &matrix, 0); matrix is with zero
angle
get control baox info FT_Glyph_Get_CBox( glyphs,FT_GLYPH_BBOX_PIXELS,&glyph_bbox
);
get bitmap: FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap( &glyphs, FT_RENDER_MODE_MONO,0,1)
and copy bit map to target.
I follow same procedure as described in turorials.

Please comment if my understanding is wrong or is there any problem with
freetype2.1.7 for vertical layout.

Thanks
Paresh