Re: [ft] Font Style

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Font Style
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:19:09 +0100 (CET)

>    As per my study of freetype there is no information is available
> for style other than FT_FaceRec (style flag), which only tell,
> whether ttf support any style or not.

You might try to directly get the `OS/2' table data, using
FT_Load_Sfnt_Table.

>     To get bold style for char I am trying to get 2 glyph of char of
> size n and n+1 and over writing.

This won't work in general.  Try FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden.

>     For Italic I am planning to use Set_Tranform with very less
>     angle value.

Note that you'll *never* get an italic shape from a normal shape since
the former has different glyphs.  What you can do is to create a
slanted font.  Try FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique.

>   Also I am finding a trivial problem with FT_New_Face(), when I
> pass absolute file path it works but for relative path its ging me
> error code 0x01(Cannot_Open_Resource).  FT_New_face is ultimately
> using fopen call with that file path which take relative path.  If
> anyone having solution for it please tell me.

Code sample which works stand-alone, please.