Re: [ft] French accents & Freetype2 :)

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [ft] French accents & Freetype2 :)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:52:44 +0200

On Wednesday, July 20th, 2005 16:07Z, Mahendra Tallur wrote:

> Hm, well, according to the doc I could just choose the UNICODE
> encoding :
>
> I would like to specify the latin-1 encoding, but didn't find this in
> the doc :)

Doesn't matter, since if the library expects Unicode encoding (not
UTF-8), it will prefectly accept US ASCII or Latin-1 as well, since they
are proper subsets.

And as a basic note, if you take care of the nationalities of the main
developpers, I am sure Freetype handle correctly French accents ;-)

And German one (as well as the eszet, too) :-)))

Antoine