[ft] Re: French accents & Freetype2 :)

From: Mahendra Tallur
Subject: [ft] Re: French accents & Freetype2 :)
Date: 20 Jul 2005 18:07:54 +0200

> Which character encoding you're using and Which cmap have you chosen?
> Yet I've not checked cmaps in Tahoma.ttf, I suppose you're using
> iso-8859-1 (latin-1) encoding and Roman cmap without latin-1 codepoint.

Hm, well, according to the doc I could just choose the UNICODE encoding :

"The values of this type correspond to specific character repertories (i.e.
charsets), and not to text encoding methods (like UTF-8, UTF-16,
GB2312_EUC, etc.).

 Other encodings might be defined in the future." in the doc for
FT_Select_Charmap

I would like to specify the latin-1 encoding, but didn't find this in the
doc :)

- mahen