Re: [ft] opentype problems

From: pabs
Subject: Re: [ft] opentype problems
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:41:28 +0800

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 19:16 +0900, address@hidden wrote:

> I'm afraid that the wrong glyph width bug of ftview is different
> from similar bug of galeon.
> +    current_font.flags |= FT_LOAD_IGNORE_GLOBAL_ADVANCE_WIDTH;
> As a result, I'm not sure if the wrong behaviour of galeon comes
> from same scenario, but I'm afraid that updating libfreetype.so
> is not enough to fix the problem.

Hmm, perhaps the "global advance width" in the font should be adjusted
to zero or turned off?

address@hidden:~$ ftinfo -a yngn.otf | grep -i width
yngn.otf: 0: horizontal: advance_Width_Max: 65535
yngn.otf: 0: os2: xAvgCharWidth = 475
yngn.otf: 0: os2: usWidthClass : Medium (normal)
yngn.otf: 0: os2: usWidthClass: 5
yngn.otf: 0: os2: xAvgCharWidth: 475

--
bye,