[Freetype] First try in Mac OS 9 not working

From: Pep Espunyes
Subject: [Freetype] First try in Mac OS 9 not working
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:47:11 +0200

I'm trying to use FT2 to create a simple FileMaker plugin. I'm not an
experimented programmer but I've been able to previously develop and compile
plugins for FileMaker. However, this time is being harder than ever, I'm not
able to make CodeWarrior 8.3 compile anything that uses FT2. To start with
the simplest possible function, I've just adapted the code that comes with
the tutorial. Every time I try to compile the attached code I get the same
errors:

Link Error   : undefined: 'pfr_driver_class' (data)
Referenced from 'ft_default_modules' in FreeTypeLib

Link Error   : undefined: 't42_driver_class' (data)
Referenced from 'ft_default_modules' in FreeTypeLib

Link Error   : undefined: 'bdf_driver_class' (data)
Referenced from 'ft_default_modules' in FreeTypeLib

Link Error   : undefined: 'FT_Stream_OpenLZW' (code)
Referenced from 'PCF_Face_Init' in FreeTypeLib

Link Error   : undefined: 'FT_Stream_OpenGzip' (code)
Referenced from 'PCF_Face_Init' in FreeTypeLib

If I delete the FreeTypeLib from the project documents, the errors are
different:

Link Error   : undefined: 'FT_New_Face' (code)
Referenced from 'Mida' in Mida.c

Link Error   : undefined: 'FT_Init_FreeType' (code)
Referenced from 'Mida' in Mida.c

The Mac build of the library has compiled without any error. I assume the
Library is installed where it has to be: MacOS
Support:Universal:Libraries:StubLibraries

What did I miss? Can somebody put me a bit of light?

Thanks in advance.

#include "MacWinDefs.h"
#include "FMExtern.h"
#include "ParamParser.h"

#include <ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H

void Mida(FHandle in, FHandle out);

void Mida(FHandle in, FHandle out)
{

    long    insize = FMX_GetHandleSize(in);     // Check the size of input
parameter
    long    outsize = 0;                        // Default size of result is
zero
    FPtr    param = NULL;                       // Avoid using invalid
pointer
    char *Final = "";

    // -----------------------------------------------------------------

    FT_Library  library;   /* handle to library     */
      FT_Face     face;      /* handle to face object */
      FT_Error error;

    error = FT_Init_FreeType( &library );
      if ( error )
     {
         Final = "... an error occurred during library initialization ...";
     } else {

     error = FT_New_Face( library,
                       "Macintosh_HD/Arial",
                       0,
                       &face );

      if ( error == FT_Err_Unknown_File_Format )
      {
        Final = "ERROR 01";
      } else if ( error )    {
        Final = "EROR 02";
      } else {
          Final = "Ok";
      }

    }

    // ---------------------------------------------------------------------

    outsize = strlen(Final);                 // Calculate result size

    FMX_SetHandleSize(out, outsize);        // Allocate memory for result

    if(FMX_MemoryError() == 0)              // Was the memory allocated?
    {
        memcpy((*out), Final, outsize);     // Copy our string to the buffer
    }

    if (param) FMX_DisposePointer(param);    // Release memory occupied by
parameter

}

--
Pep Espunyes