Re: [Freetype] First try in Mac OS 9 not working

From: Pep Espunyes
Subject: Re: [Freetype] First try in Mac OS 9 not working
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 12:31:07 +0200

> The codewarrior project is pretty out of date.  I'd post mine but I'm using
> Codewarrior 9 so it wouldn't be of much use.  You basically need to add
> one .c from each directory corresponding to a driver mentioned in the error
> messages (the one that includes all the other .c files in that directory).

Thanks Garrick.

As I said before, I'm not experimented in this, but I'll try to implement
what you suggest. Yesterday night I recompiled the library removing from
ftmodule.h the modules that where giving an error, and commenting the
LZW-compressed and the Gzip-compressed file support from ftoption.h.

Once done, I recompiled the plugin and it went throug. It loads fine in
FileMaker and it seems to understand the FreeType functions. It does not
open the fonts yet, I'll work on that next week.

> (The other thing missing is a carbon build that defines
> TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON, but that doesn't matter for OS 9.)

Well, this will be an added problem. I'm compiling the plugin in MacOS 9,
but it has to work on MacOS X as well. My goal is to be able to read the
metrics and the kerning table from the fonts and send them to FileMaker.

How should I implement the carbon build?

Any chance to get an up to date CodeWarrior 8.3 project to compile the
library?

--
Pep Espunyes
Andròmina eBusiness, SL