[Freetype] Questions before releasing

From: Lars Clausen
Subject: [Freetype] Questions before releasing
Date: 05 Dec 2002 21:50:40 -0600

Hi!

We're getting close to a new release of Dia
<URL:http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/dia.html>, in which the Unix-side
font handling is entirely done with PangoFT2.  It looks much better.  I
have a couple questions before releasing, though.

How do I check in my configure that I have a recent enough libfreetype?  I
see that 2.0.9 fixed a problem for us, and would like to have at least that
version.  The debian libfreetype6-dev comes with a freetype-config program,
but its --version output is 9.1.3, which doesn't make much sense.  What's
the generally accepted way to check the version?

I am considering distributing three standard fonts (for sans, serif and
monospace, the only fonts our objects are supposed to name).  What would be
the right way to distribute these fonts using Automake so that Freetype can
find them?  Or should I leave that entirely up to the packagers?

Thanks,
-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃ¥rdgrim of Numenor