Re: [Freetype] New documents available

From: Sven Neumann
Subject: Re: [Freetype] New documents available
Date: 07 Nov 2002 13:24:25 +0100

Hi David,

David Turner <address@hidden> writes:

>    you'll find a new version of the "smooth hinting" document at
>    the following address, including screenshots:
>
>      http://www.freetype.org/hinting/smooth-hinting.html

the document mentions that fonts intended for monochrome rendering
should be loaded using FT_LOAD_TARGET_MONO. I've changed my code that
used to read

  FT_Load_Glyph( face, index, FT_LOAD_RENDER | FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME );

  FT_Load_Glyph( face, index, FT_LOAD_RENDER | FT_LOAD_TARGET_MONO );

and as a result I get empty glyph bitmaps :-(

I guess I misunderstood the document somehow. Any hints on what I'm
doing wrong?

Salut, Sven