Re: [Freetype] font does not work (win32)

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Freetype] font does not work (win32)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:43:03 +0200

Bonjour,

En Riccardo Cohen va escriure:

> I'm new to freetype, and found on MS windows NT4 some problems :
>
> - I tryed to display information with many fonts (c:\winnt\fonts\*.ttf) and
> some
> of them displays as rectangles. Is it normal ?

At the very least, only glyphs can be displayed. So do you have a whole font
that show as *only* rectangles, or is it only a few glyphes?

For your information, the rectangle is usually the represnetation of the
"missing" glyph, that is, the glyph that is associated with otherwise not
mapped character. So you should look toward a problem in character mapping.

> - Some font like "Courier" refuses to display at size=84, why ?

As far as I know, Courier (not Courier New) is a bitmap font (.FON) which
should be available in 10, 12 and 15 points (to be changed to the correct
number of ppem according to whether you are using 96 dpi or 120 dpi fonts,
i.e. COURE.FON or COURF.FON)

Regards,

Antoine