Re: [Freetype] font does not work (win32)

From: jonathan . foster
Subject: Re: [Freetype] font does not work (win32)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:38:27 +0100

Hi Riccardo,

>I send again the question because had no answer. Please...

> - I tryed to display information with many fonts
>  (c:\winnt\fonts\*.ttf) and some of them displays
>  as rectangles. Is it normal ?
It usually means that the character you've requested doesn't
exist in the font.  Try other characters.

>- Some font like "Courier" refuses to display at size=84, why ?
There are plenty of people here who would like to help, but
that simply isn't enough information.  It is possible to
display Courier New at size 84 points using Freetype (I'm
doing it right now).

Kind regards,

Jon

Riccardo Cohen <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,
I send again the question because had no answer. Please...

I'm new to freetype, and found on MS windows NT4 some problems :

- I tryed to display information with many fonts (c:\winnt\fonts\*.ttf) and
some of them displays as rectangles. Is it normal ?
- Some font like "Courier" refuses to display at size=84, why ?

PS: I use libgd to display on bitmaps

Thanks
--
Riccardo Cohen