Re: [Freetype] Question on Unicode characters with different TTF

From: Holger Waechtler
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Question on Unicode characters with different TTF
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 21:38:20 +0200

Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On Monday 05 August 2002 8:29 pm, Cindy Mak wrote:
>
> |  Do these fonts have some links to other unicode fonts or other tricks so
> |  that the Chinese glyphs can be shown?
>
> I guess, you need to do following first:
> * install Chineese fonts.
> To do so:
> a) launch http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> b) select Update Microsoft Internet Explorer
> c) select Support for Chineese language (fonts)
>  You can add also Korean and Japaneese fonts exactly in the same way.
> (mincho, ms hei, ms gothic)
[...]

if you want chinese/japanese/korean/whatever scripts you might try fonts
like the kochi-gothic-, arphic-, baekmuk-truetype-families, too.

If you use Debian they are available as package and get installed into
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/, but you can find+download them on the web as
well.

good luck,

Holger