Re: [Freetype] Arial.ttf with no anti-aliasing problem...

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Arial.ttf with no anti-aliasing problem...
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:13:44 +0100

Hi again,

Brian Stell a écrit :

> oops, I reveresed the image and bug:
>
> I posted the image here:
> http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=61480&action=view

This image definitely looks like the bytecode interpreter wasn't
used. I also think that the current auto-hinter (post 2.0.5)
produces a better job anyway so maybe hinting was completely
turned off..

By the way, I just looked at the results of monochrome TrueType
rendering in FT2 with the bytecode interpreter compiled in, and
it seems we have at least two problems:

  - composites are not corectly generated, most accents are
    not legible or have invalid shapes, as if they were not
    translated with good values..

  - compared to FreeType 1, glyphs have lower quality. It seems
    we have another problem here..

Hell, this is going to be hard to debug... :-(

Cheers,

- David