[Freetype] Arial.ttf with no anti-aliasing problem...

From: Niels Moseley
Subject: [Freetype] Arial.ttf with no anti-aliasing problem...
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:29:01 +0100

Hi people,

I'm having problems with the Arial.ttf font at small sizes.. I am currently using Freetype 2.0.5 with the bytecode interpreter enabled (compiled using the Borland CBuilder 5.0 compiler).

Even the supplied example programs ftstring and ftview display the font rather badly. I've tried a host of things like enabling and disabling hinting and kerning but the rendering isn't anywhere near as good as PaintShop Pro for instance...

Is there something wrong, or does FreeType mess up unders these kinds of circumstances???
I'm desperate for answers..

Cheers, Niels.