Re: [Freetype] Re: Summary of ANSI preprocessor trouble..

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Re: Summary of ANSI preprocessor trouble..
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:55:11 +0100

Hi Bob,

> It is ideal if headers can be included without any special magic.  If
> the directory name 'freetype2' is not acceptable due DOS, perhaps a
> directory name 'ft2' could be used instead.

Frankly, I don't think that using an additional -I flag, or "freetype-config",
is going to really hurt Unix developers.  And what we've learnt through these
days is that "ideal != practical" in the general case

"ft2" seems to be "taken" by a Dos project already, and I generally highly
disregard acronyms and abominous short forms like this one anyway..

> This would require that
> applications be modified somewhat.  Given that application
> modification was necessary anyway, this would have been no big deal if
> it had been done prior to release.

No, no, no, I don't want more application modifications and API changes,
too many important projects already rely on this. Maybe later for FreeType 3
(in one or two years ;-)

- David