Re: Documentation vs. RV vs. CVS?

From: Michael Vance
Subject: Re: Documentation vs. RV vs. CVS?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 09:18:35 -0800

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 05:45:32PM +0100, David Turner wrote:

> Well, if you're using the same point size and DPI, you should get
> the same pixel size. Unless you're not using the same font, we're
> having a serious problem there !?

Yes, I had hoped so :). Same font file (copied off of the Win32 box).

> Huhuhu, sorry if the question sounds stupid, are you sure that
> Windows uses 96 DPI ? I'd really like to see your source code
> and test it on my machine..

No, I'm not sure. I'm relying on what my silly little Display Settings
Control Panel thingy is telling me. Anyway to reliably determine the
DPI it's using?

> Yes, it is explained in the "PATENTS" file I believe.
> Basically, edit "include/freetype/config/ftoption.h"
> and look for a line that reads:
>
> #undef TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER

Great, thanks.

m.

--
Programmer             "Ha ha." "Ha ha." "What are you laughing at?"
Loki Software                      "Just the horror of being alive."