Re: Documentation vs. RV vs. CVS?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Documentation vs. RV vs. CVS?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:45:32 +0100

Hi Michael,

> Yes, this and the 96 dpi on FreeType version.

Well, if you're using the same point size and DPI, you should get
the same pixel size. Unless you're not using the same font, we're
having a serious problem there !?

> > than Windows, you should use the same DPI than Windows uses..
>
> Well, when I set FreeType to 96 DPI, I get *huge* output. Setting it
> at 72 DPI and fudging the size a bit (non-linearly, no less), seems to
> do it.

Huhuhu, sorry if the question sounds stupid, are you sure that
Windows uses 96 DPI ? I'd really like to see your source code
and test it on my machine..

> > note that we do not enable the TrueType interpreter by default anymore,
> > so expect _slight_ differences in glyph output..
>
> Right. Any way to turn this on trivially for testing?

Yes, it is explained in the "PATENTS" file I believe.
Basically, edit "include/freetype/config/ftoption.h"
and look for a line that reads:

#undef TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER

then, change the #undef into a #define. Recompile, you've
done it (and you're "truetype.o" module should be 20 Kb
larger).

> I'll cobble something together that has meaningful output.
Yes please :-)

See you,

- David