Re: Wrong outlines?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Wrong outlines?
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:33:16 +0200

Hi Boris,

> It display many chars of Times New Roman font and found problem in outline
> of character 942(U03AE).
> I use FT_Outline_Decompose
>
> 1. It calls lineTo to same point as moveTo exactly before - not big problem
> (I now ignoring lines to same point as last).

Ah, is this a problem to you ?? We could add a flag in the parameters
of FT_Outline_Decompose if you want to avoid this..

> 2. It has 3 contours - second is degenerated. moveTo(432,-8) lineTo(432,220)
> lineTo(432,-8). Is it problem of Font or FreeType?

I don't know. What does the glyph looks like in "ftview" ? a degenerated
contour like this one should not be visible with the anti-aliased renderer,
but the monochrome one should show an horizontal line ??

- David