Re: Freedesktop.org down

From: Albert Astals Cid
Subject: Re: Freedesktop.org down
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 19:56:43 +0200

El diumenge, 11 de juliol de 2021, a les 17:47:11 (CEST), Alan Coopersmith va
escriure:
> On 7/10/21 11:32 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> >
> >> Freedesktop.org is down for more than 12 hours now....
> >
> > Yes, and we can't do anything except waiting until the problem has
> > been fixed.  Of course, such things happen during a weekend :-|
>
> The admins can be found on #freedesktop on irc.oftc.net, where they
> report the problem has been fixed now.

Just a heads up oftc.net IRC is not user friendly even for IRC standards. The
#freenode channel is set up so that only registered and verified nicks can
speak.

You can register the nick talking to the nickserv bot, but even if the message
from the irc daemon tells you that it should the verification part, it doesn't,
there's no mention how to get your nick verified in the nickserv help messages.
For that you actually need to go to https://services.oftc.net/ which i guess
it's a s3cr3t passed between the cool people.

Cheers,
  Albert